Federal Compensatory Mitigation Regulations for Development Impacts to Wetlands and Waters
Langan Engineering and Environmental Services, Inc.
You will Learn:
- The new Federal hierarchy of mitigation selection in the permit application review process
- Important details of banking and in-lieu fee programs in order to better negotiate the purchase of mitigation credits from third-parties
- When you (or your client) need to perform project-specific mitigation and what factors are considered in selecting an appropriate wetland mitigation project
- The financial and long-term monitoring and maintenance requirements for mitigation
- How mitigation should be planned for in in the design and permitting phases of a development project
In this quick 10-minute preview, we will discuss the wetland mitigation requirements that need to be addressed should your development project impact wetlands and/or open water resources. The listener will gain an understanding of the important aspects of the rule on Compensatory Mitigation for Losses of Aquatic Resources, which was adopted by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) and U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA) in 2008. Topics to be presented include wetland mitigation banking, in-lieu fee programs and permittee-responsible mitigation. During the course we will review these Federal mitigation regulations and discuss the planning and permitting process applicants will encounter in order to successfully address wetland mitigation as part of the overall permitting process for development projects.
Sign up for a free Bronze membership today to receive your complimentary ondemand webinar!
Please provide a valid business e-mail to receive your access instructions.
Already a member? Log In
You will receive a Free Bronze Membership
to Environmental Training Resource with your OnDemand Webinar!