Mitigating the Environmental Impacts of Hydraulic Fracturing
Barclay R. Nicholson
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
You will Learn:
- Learn about the environmental concerns relating to hydraulic fracturing.
- Explore issues concerning water usage and the alleged contamination of groundwater, land, and air.
- Hear about studies and research analyzing hydraulic fracturing’s effects on the environment.
- Review federal and state regulations addressing concerns about pollution, chemical disclosures, and well integrity.
- Understand the importance of the continued safe use of hydraulic fracturing.
In this 10-minute preview, we will focus on state and federal agencies as well as ordinary citizens that have expressed concern about the volumes of water and unidentified chemicals used during the hydraulic fracturing process, the “flowback” fluids that remain after the process is completed, surface water contamination, pollution of the land, air quality, and earthquakes. These impacts can be minimized with the disclosure of fracturing fluids, baseline water testing, use of “green” products, fluid management and minimization, air emission reduction, well integrity testing, and contractor management. This preview will provide information on the results of research and studies concerning water, land, and air contamination and earthquakes and discuss state and federal regulations concerning fracturing fluid disclosures, air emissions, and well integrity issues.
Sign up for a free Bronze membership today to receive your complimentary ondemand course!
Please provide a valid business e-mail to receive your access instructions.
Already a member? Log In
You will receive a Free Bronze Membership
to Environmental Training Resource with your OnDemand Course!