Dam Removal: Opportunities, Evaluation, and Success
|OnDemand Webinar||$249||Add to Cart|
Dam removal can be a cost-effective approach to achieve multiple objectives related to infrastructure management and restoration of aquatic resources. Removal of dams is recognized as an effective approach to reduce costs and liabilities associated with dam ownership. This on-demand webinar addresses a broad suite of opportunities and factors to consider as part of dam removal planning, evaluation, and design, permitting, and construction. Brief descriptions of dam removal successes and resources are included in this presentation.
- You will be able to discuss infrastructure management.
- You will be able to review dam removal programs and funding mechanisms.
- You will be able to explain design, permitting, and construction.
- You will be able to identify dam removal program success.
AuthorsMichael R. Chelminski, P.E., Stantec Consulting Services Inc.
• Infrastructure Management
- Dam Safety
- Management of Legacy Infrastructure
- Dependent Infrastructure
• Aquatic Resource Management
- Technical Fishpasses
- Holistic Restoration Objectives
- Species-Specific Objectives
• Dam Removal Programs and Funding Mechanisms
- Natural Resource Funding (Grants)
- Natural Resource Damage Settlements
• Dam Removal Process
• Study Process
• Study Components
- Regulated Resources (Wetland Impacts)
- Hydrology and Hydraulics
• Design Components
- Construction Access
- Sediment Management
- Water Management
Design, Permitting, and Construction
• Integrated Design and Permitting
• Construction Access
• Sediment Management
• Water Management
• State Agency and NGO Dam Removal Programs
• Example A: Dam Removal and NRDAR Settlement
• Dam Removal Program Success
• Example B: Multiple Small Dam Removals in New England